Sunday, July 12, 2009

IL Vacation

Sadie & I are on a vacation with Grandma, Uncle Bubba & Morgen going to a family reunion in IL. We drove straight through Friday night so we could be there in time to see our family (cousins, great Aunts & Uncles that we see every few years). Here are a few pics of our drive up:

My mom & I used to go to IL every year when I was a kid with my grandparents and I really loved it, so I'm glad Sadie is getting to start the tradition now. I only wish my Grandma, Grandpa & Great Grandma that I was very close to were here to see her too, they would have LOVED her!! She was by far the youngest of the group at the reunion. After eating and catching up with everyone it was time to head out, so we drove to Greenup where my Great grandparents had lived, I spent quite a bit of time in the house as a kid on the summers we would come up & it looks the exact same as I remember it which was neat:

We went to the cemetery where a lot of my family on my mom's side is here is my Great Grandparents and Sadies Great Great Grandparents resting place:

Coming tomorrow:

GRACELAND Blog withPics & Pics of the famous Peabody ducks!!

No comments: