Saturday, October 24, 2009

Hospital trip

Jim-Britt & I ended up going to the hospital on Friday night around 9pm, I had been having contractions since around 10am. Around 720 we started timing them & they were coming 3 min apart for an hour, which is when the midwife said we needed to call to come in, so we called. The contractions weren't unbearable & by talking with me over the phone she said she didn't think I was in active labor but that I could come in & get checked and they would check the contractions to see what was going on & if I wanted to go home after that it was fine. So we went in, mine & Colts heart rate was elevated when we got there & turns out I was very dehydrated which was causing the contractions & our heart rate being up. So they gave me 4 liters of IV fluids & some medicine for nausea.....even after the fluids I was still a little "dry" (which is what they kept saying) but we were ok'd to go home around 2am, since Colt & I were doing better & the contractions were going away. I'm always nervous about going to the hospital & it not being necessary so I felt better when she said I did need to come in with that going on. Jim-Britt was such a great support, I know those chairs are not comfy at all, and he never once complained about a thing even though he was exhausted too. Thanks Babe for being so great!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whewwww.... well I guess he's just not done yet c:
Keep "ME" posted
Love you,
Big Seester XOXOXOX